13 December 2008

A Message From The Guild

In the absence of our President Ms. Cathy Montano, who is currently in London, I was given the privilege of writing this column to keep you informed and share my feelings. I am grateful for the opportunity to be its External Vice President for External Affairs. I find my position more of a challenge than a responsibility as I am enjoying it. Since I joined the group, it has given me the chance to explore myself in the world of writing. With the encouragement and motivation brought by The Guild, my thoughts, ideas and opinions are now expressed and heard. It also opened doors of opportunity to meet new people, gain new friends and try new things.

Last July 13, I represented The Guild during Passi City Iloilo Association of Hongkong’s Quest For Pretty Boyz King 2008. It was a first official function for me and the experience was so great. It made me decide to explore more of our bjectives. The group, under the leadership of Ms Wilma Padura and Secretary General Ms. Noemi Paniza, is indeed a true picture of unity. Our congratulations to all of you for a truly well done job! I hope that it was the first of many. To be given the chance to learn new skills is a chance that I will cherish forever. Working for The Guild, I see it as a giving and receiving process. It wishes to help, improve our lives and also give an opportunity to share our skills and talents to interested individuals. Skills that we may not even know we have. On behalf of The Guild, I want you to know that we welcome you to join our group. We are not only in writing and services but we also try to include everyone with different interests as much as possible. Thus said, we are in the process of organizing our very own dancing and singing group! Be part of our journey, keep in touch and we will be glad to hear from you.

My special thanks to our patron, Mrs. Anne Marden; our publisher, Ms. Catherine Kaldy and our editor Mr. Tony Bartolome. Likewise to our advisers Mr. Shaun Kelly, Mr.Marc Hansford, Mr. Mernie Weeks, Ms. Christine Fong . Thank you also to our editorial assistant, Ms. Joy Marqueses, who is now one of my idols in this new-found world. It’s a pleasure to meet people like you. Many thanks too, to my employer, Mrs Clara Lee and her family for all their support and understanding. And to all of you, thank you very much for all your support and for believing in us. Mabuhay po tayong lahat.

Author: Malyn Galicia

*Published in True Friends Newsmag (August 2008 issue)

No comments: