06 January 2009

Simply Vergissmeinnicht

I don't understand
I really don't
How you can be so ruthless
How you can be so heartless
Too many times
You hurt me
Yes, I am hurt
Very hurt
And it's so unbearable
I shed so many tears
Nobody could see
I hope it would stop
But the pain wouldn't go

Shame on you
For making me feel this way
How dare you play
Havoc on my emotions
How dare you make me feel
So helpless, so sad
And so frustrated

I treated you
As my friend
A real, true friend
Neither fault, nor foe
Could stop me
I trusted you
Shared my secrets with you
My ups and downs
And even my simple happiness
In all honesty
I never treated you otherwise
Nor I made you superior
Much less inferior from me
You are my equal

You wouldn't believe it
But my heart went with it
I was hoping
You would be one
Of my lifetime friends
Who would never let go
But all along
I was wrong
Maybe, just maybe
It wouldn't work

The fate lies
In your hands
In your choices
Not mine
Every painful word
Every cutting look
Brings me on the edge
Trying me too far
Pushing me too hard
Somehow, I am hoping
You don't mean
Everything you're doing

I am praying
You are just showing me
Your true identity
But I am me
No amount of pain
Could change me
The way I am
Because I am unique

Sometimes, just sometimes
I am thinking
That it is absurd
To expect too much
From you
Who are you anyway?
I don't even know
What's going on
You would just give me
Your deadly looks
And I die deep inside
You don't know
Because you don't care
You don't give a damn
About me

I see you with others
You are very careful
And your friendship
Is rather sustainable
But why is it
That your treatment
Of me is not fair?
What have I done
Against you?

One moment, one time
You are happy and gay
Too many countless times
You would rather
Kill me in silence
I cannot take it
I cannot stand it
I don't deserve it
But I bid you the best

Simply forget-me-not.


Author: Miam Medrano

No comments: